We discovered a crash issue that seems to have affected a small number of our users on iOS7. This crash happens for some users who have installed iOS 7 and who have set their device Block Cookies Setting to “Always”. When some of these users try to either launch their app or log in to a backup account, their app crashes.
If you have been affected by this issue, please do not delete your app as this will cause you to lose your data. You can either wait for our update version 9.1 that will fix the crash and allow you to open your app or do the following to immediately stop your app from crashing.
1. Go to your main device’s Settings/Safari/Block Cookies.
2. If your Block Cookie setting is set to “Always”, please change the setting to either “From third parties and advertisers” or to “Never”.
3. Force quit P Tracker. (You can do this by double-clicking the home button. Then when you see the P Tracker screen, swipe that screen up.
4. Open the app and log in to your backup account.
We are currently completing work on version 9.1 that contains the fix and hope to upload it tomorrow. Apple usually takes between 3-7 days to review the app and the update should be available after that time. Once you download the update, you can set your Block Cookie setting back to “Always” if desired.
Thank you for your patience. We’re so sorry for this inconvenience.
We just released v8.8.1 for Period Tracker Deluxe on the iPhone. This update fixes an issue that occurred in v8.8 where some users who were updating from a previous version were being shown a log in page. If you encountered this issue in v8.8, download v8.8.1 to fix this issue, or you can read my previous post for instructions on how to get past the login screen.
In addition to the bug fix, v8.8.1 also adds the same improvements from v8.8 to the Calendar page. We noticed that many of our users seemed to enjoy the “intimacy” and “flow/spotting” calendar icons on their month-view calendar. So we decided to expand on this functionality by showing symptom, mood, and pill icons on the month-view calendar as well.
So now, if you enter any symptom, mood, or pill note, the corresponding icon will show on that day’s calendar note section. Then when you click on any of the icons, you will see that icon appear on the month-view calendar on each day that same note has been entered. You can even scroll back to past months to see when else you entered that same note. We hope this feature will be helpful to our users.
In addition to this feature, v8.8.1 also adds improvements to our Social section by adding larger profile pictures in Social. Just tap on a profile icon in public profile page to enlarge the view.
We hope you enjoy this update and if you have any questions or thoughts, please email us at email@example.com.
We released our latest update for Period Tracker Deluxe v8.8 on the iPhone. It is a major update that adds calendar icons for symptoms, moods, and pills.
After updating, users who are not already signed in to a backup account will a screen that asks you to create or log in to an account. When you see this page, please be assured that your data is safe inside your app.
When you see this page, you can do one of three things to get into your app:
1. Press “Skip this step”. This will take you into the app and you will see that all of your data is safe.
2. Create a new account. After creating your account, you will be taken into the app. Your app will also then begin doing auto-backups of your data.
3. Log in to an existing account. After you log in, please DO NOT restore from an old backup as this will overwrite the data that’s currently in your app. Press “done” instead to be taken into your app.
* Note: If you were doing emailed backups, you will not be able to log in as you do not have an account with us. Please either press “skip this step” or create a new account with us to get past this page.
If you have any issues or questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This update adds the following improvements to PTracker Social:
- Tip and survey responses to your posts now automatically appears in your following tab.
- Adds ability to follow responses to tip/survey question.
- Adds comment section for reporting abuse.
- Adds ability to view someone’s past posts in her profile pages.
- Fixes issue of error message popping up when re-entering the app.
- Fixes issue of slow Social tab loading.
Note: after releasing this update we discovered there is a bug that might show your period on you calendar as lasting until you next cycle if no period end date was selected for the previous month. We will upload a update to fix this ASAP.
Some of our iPhone Deluxe users have asked for a dark mode to lessen eye discomfort while reading their Social tab at night. Here’s a quick trick to invert the colors on your iPhone whenever you triple click the home button that does the trick!
- Go to your main iPhone Settings
- Click the General icon
- Click on Accessibility
- Select Triple-click Home
- Select Invert Colors
Whenever you want your whites and blacks to be inverted, click your home button three times fast. Here’s a screenshot of what your social tab will look like in this mode. One warning, the profile pics might look weird in this mode, but hopefully the easier to read text will make up for this.
Update: Period Tracker v 1.2 that fixes the hidden calendar issue is now available in the Windows Phone Store. If you were affected by this issue, please do not delete your app but go to the Windows Phone Store and download the latest update. This will fix the issue while preserving all of your past data. Thank you for your patience.
We discovered a bug in our Windows Phone app where starting in 2013, the calendar is hidden and the add note function is not working. Though you may not be able to see your past notes, they are safe as long as you do not delete your app from your phone.
We uploaded an update last night to the Windows Marketplace that fixes these issues. We are waiting for Microsoft to review and approve the update. In the meantime, please do not delete your app as this will cause you to lose your past information. When the update is available, please download it to fix the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.