Teenage Online Safety
If you’re a teenager take extra precaution for your online safety, use your common sense, follow the guidelines below, and ask your parents for guidance.
1. Do not post personal information such as your address, telephone number, email address, parents’ work address or phone, or name/location of school without your parents’ permission.
2. Never go alone to meet someone you know only from the Internet. Any meeting should be in a public place with a trusted adult present.
3. Don’t respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make you feel uncomfortable.
4. Be a good online citizen and don’t do anything that hurts other people or is against the law.
5. Don’t share your password with anyone but your parents.