For the past ten years our team at GP Apps has been hard at work to empower our users to achieve their health goals. Today we’re excited to announce our new sustainable weight management system, called Resist™.
It is becoming increasingly difficult for people to reach and maintain an ideal and healthy weight. Somehow people everywhere have become more busy and more pre-occupied. As a result, most of us cook less at home and don’t spend enough time exercising. The result is we get into a lifestyle where we don’t make the best food choices and our body responds by adding extra weight. What makes things even worse is when we age, our metabolism slows and it makes it even more difficult to keep an ideal weight. The choices we make impact how we live tomorrow, what kind of lives we will have, and how we will be there for our loved ones, children, and friends.
Overweightness has become a global epidemic and is directly related to a host of ailments and diseases that threaten to steal our livelihood, relationships and quality of life. Eating right and getting to a healthy weight is important because it’s about taking back our life from the ailments that threaten to consume our lives. Some people need a wake-up call to realize this. But sometimes when the wake-up call comes, it’s too late. That’s why it’s crucial, if at all possible, to seize the moment today and take back our lives from the path of ailment and disease and put it on the path of health and vitality.
We know the journey to health and wellness for many won’t be an easy one. That’s why we’re committed to providing the most comprehensive and effective weight loss and management system possible.
To begin with, the Resist™ system provides step-by-step guidance with tips, articles and in-depth courses. Our resources provide the information and motivation many people need for success.
The Resist™ system provides comprehensive food tracking tools to show macros (carbs, fat, protein) and nutrition for all meals and foods inputted. We took many of the things people love about our Period Tracker app – simple design, intuitive functions, and useful tools – and applied it to our new app.
Further, we’ve developed the Resist™ Community which is a safe place for people to ask questions, get meal ideas and find friends in the journey.
To tie things together, the Resist™ system uses a low-carb/high-fat approach, which we believe taps into the body’s natural slimming down mode called ketosis. It can be an ideal way to lose weight without damaging your body’s metabolism.
Here’s a summary of what we believe, called the Resist™ Manifesto.
1) Overweightness and obesity is an epidemic stealing health and quality of life from millions around the world.
2) We will help people to take back their health and progress toward a healthy and sustainable weight.
3) It’s not just about losing weight but more importantly keeping it off.
4) We encourage a healthy weight, not an unhealthy infatuation with looking deathly slim.
5) People deserve the best tools to help them reach their ideal weight.
6) Community support and celebration can help make the journey to a sustainable and healthy weight easier.
7) Severe calorie deprivation through traditional diets can damage the body’s metabolism and make regaining all lost weight later inevitable.
8) The body has a natural slimming down mode called ketosis, by which it burns fat as fuel and can be an ideal way to lose weight without damaging the body’s metabolism.
9) Ketosis is a tool to be used to reach one’s goal of a healthy and sustainable weight, but shouldn’t be used for everyone in every situation.
10) We encourage those who’ve reached and are sustaining their ideal weight through Resis™t to give back to others trying. This is how we’re changing the world.
Our Resist™ iOS app is scheduled to launch on January 15, 2019. Our Android version is planned for a March 15, 2019 release.
We can’t wait for you to try it out and join us in this epic journey to health, wellness and vitality.